As the Golf Programs Director I want to ensure everyone enjoys their golf experience. We are very fortunate to have all levels of players. To enable the completion of a round of golf in the expected time frame (4 hours 15 mins) here are some very relaxed guidelines for newbies intended to speed up play:
- Pick up after 8 strokes. In the sand, throw it out after two tries. If you are not on the green after you’ve the ball six times, carry it to the green and putt.
- When leaving the golf cart take needed clubs. Remember, your objective right now is to make good contact, so don’t spend a lot of time deciding on “the right” club.
- When chipping up to green, carry putter with you.
- Move to your ball quickly.
- On putting green make sure you are in place and ready to putt when it’s your turn.Lost ball – search no longer than a minute. Drop new ball in fairway on line with where you think it was lost.
- Always have an extra ball with you.
- It’s okay to use a tee on the fairway while you’re learning.
- Take a maximum of two practice swings.